Friday 24 December 2010

Found Friday 2 - Jonathan Edwards



I always look forward to my Christmas card off Jonathan (and Louise aka Felt Mistress) every year. Here is a selection. The top two date from the mid 90s, 'the Christmas sound' from the late 90s (I think) and the rest from the 2000s. It's interesting to see how the increasing use of a Mac has altered Jonathan's style. I quite like the felt-tip shading on the earlier cards! Pen and ink doesn't affect the wit - I love the Mint Spies. The Christmas sound card was designed as an LP sleeve, with the message pulling out like the inner bag. They're all great but there's something about that monkey catching snow flakes that especially appeals to me. Some of these cards should definitely be made available commercially!

No comments:

Post a Comment