Wednesday 31 March 2010

Oh OK, I should have used Google




Clever Mr Parker discovered the identity of my 'mystery' artist in an embarrasing short period of time, thanks to the power of Google. It is an Ian Miller, who is still prolific and showcases his work on his website, ian-miller.org I hope Mr Miller won't mind me reproducing one of his paintings here. It appears to be a (presumably later) version of the image he created for the cover of another H P Lovecraft Panther title, The Haunter of the Dark (my copy published in 1974). I guess I first wondered about the idenity of this artist in the pre-internet days - which wasn't that long ago, amazing though that now seems (I got the net in 99, I think). Anyway, it's a pleasure to have that question answered. Cheers, Porks!

No comments:

Post a Comment